Thursday, October 30, 2008

Consistency


Our Stake has encouraged physical fitness for the past two years with this little booklet. With each 20 minute interval that you work out, you can mark off a square, although no more than 3 squares per day to encourage a sustained effort over the year. Last year I was close to finishing the challenge but I was short about 30 or so squares (I blame the last few months of 2007's sedentary streak on Ezra's birth and hospital stay). Anyway, I am happy to report that today I just marked off my last square to achieve the gold level, and with two months left in 2008 at that! Honestly, (don't tell anyone), but I'll throw away my gold level award certificate when I receive it. I just like a challenge and a way to record my efforts. I have enjoyed working out more consistently this year and I have definitely felt better. So, here's to a good work out and going for the gold!

5 comments:

Amy said...

You are awesome! Good job! I've been trying to do better as well (but I'm not nearly as good as you!) I never did get one of those little booklets from the stake to keep track... maybe next year.

Kris said...

You are my hero! Even running pretty consistently I didn't even get close.

Hawkley Family said...

Way to go, Tirsa!! We now have a gold medalist in our family!!! YEAHH!!!

The Toy Guru said...

Good form YOU! I think I threw away the book 3 months ago when I realized I hadn't recorded anything all year! I'm a loser!

Moose and Family said...

Good Job!