Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Getting to know Ezra



Today I got to spend time all alone with Ezra. Blaine is now sick so he is staying away for now (hopefully we can all get over the sickies before Ez comes home). It was incredible spending some snuggle time with him and getting lost in his new baby smell, sounds, and sweetness. I have loved him for so long. I have hoped for him for so long. Today as I held him, I had this overwhelming feeling of love and gratitude wash over me and I felt as if I've always known this baby and that he has always been mine. As I studied his little face and imagined what he'll look like as he grows, I thought about how his tiny body is housing a great, big spirit. He is one perfect little guy. I feel like the luckiest mom in the world to have both Bella and Ezra and I just hope these next few weeks will hurry on by so that our little Ez can come home and we can just be a family together.

Ezra is gaining weight with just his lipids and TPN. He is now at 3 pounds 15 ounces! Yeah. After he hits 4 pounds, he can get out of his isolette and be in a regular crib in the nursery. This will make things easier for taking pictures! The doctor also told me today that Ezra will not start feedings until he poops first so....PRAY FOR POOP! :)

5 comments:

Brandie Lyon said...

I will definetly pray for poop!
I have a blog now. Check it out @
brandiesadventures@blogspot.com

Brad Hart said...

Congrats on the new baby! I'm sure you will be a great Mom of 2! Hope everything is going well for you in Denver. We're liking Co. Springs a lot!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

An angel! Love those feet. Prayin for poop.

Jen said...

We are praying for poop! I love pictures of baby's feet. What makes them so cute?? I am glad for the update. What a great bonding experience you shared with Ez today. I am sure he feels the same to have you as his mommy. Hope he is home soon.

Tara said...

Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated! I swear I'm checking your blog sometimes twice a day just to see if there's anything new...I don't want to miss it. With such a beautiful little baby to be totally into, it would be easy to put your blog on the "back-burner" and I just wanted to thank you for continuing to keep us all updated.
Love you guys!