Friday, October 12, 2007

Bella Meets Baby Brother



Yesterday we needed to go to the hospital registrar's office to transfer things over to our name. My throat had started to hurt and my glands were swollen (BAD TIMING TO GET SICK!!!) so I knew I couldn't hold Ezra. So, we decided to take Bella with us to at least show her where baby brother is staying right now. Once there, I couldn't help but go peek in on him quickly and so we let Bella do the same. She talked about how "cute and tiny" he is and she cried when we said it was time to go. She kept saying, "I want to go back". She already loves her little brother and she will be a great big sister to him when he comes home.

I feel like crying with Bella..."I want to go back" because I really want to see him and hold him but I can't chance getting him or the other babies in the NICU sick so I have to stay away. Blaine will go to the hospital by himself today to have some daddy/son bonding time. I'm glad that at least he can go. My heart aches to be there too though.

4 comments:

KrisJ said...

Dang the sickies! So hard to have to stay away you just got hime! Hope you recover quick! -Kris

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

don't worry Bella. you will have the rest of your life to play mommy with him and boss him around. :) He will love you. That goes for you too Tirsa.

The Mudmom said...

Ok...that made me cry. When we adopted our second son, he had to stay in the hospital and they made us leave during the nurse "guard" changes. It was so hard for me to just leave him there. I know exactly how you feel and I cried as I read that. My heart aches for you and I'm sorry. He will be home with you soon. Hang in there!!!!

Jen said...

I have been at Snowbird for the past week, but I have called Tiffany for the daily updates on your family. I am so happy for you Tirsa. You have been waiting so long for this little guy and it is so great to finally see you holding him. I am glad that things are going as well as can be expected, minus the cold (yucky!!) Take care of yourself. We are praying for you all. Hope to talk to you soon.