Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Summer Adventures...

This summer was full of adventures, for sure!  Blaine and I were able to enjoy a day together ziplining in the mountains.  That was a lot of fun and sure beats the traditional dinner and a movie kind of date.  
 
 We also got our 80's groove on to celebrate Sarah's 30th birthday.  Yep, that's eyeliner on my punk rocker husband!  And his jeans were just too good to pass up.  It's great what you can find at thrift stores!  I'm rocking a look that I stole from my hard hitting research while watching "Pretty in Pink".  After using so much hairspray in my hair, I am really glad that more recent decades have settled on a more natural look.  


 One of my favorite summer adventures with Blaine was celebrating our 11th anniversary together, Warrior Dash style!  We decided to dress the part, complete with a wedding veil, garter, and "tux".  The obstacle course was at Copper Mountain ski resort and consisted of things such as running up a rocky mountain, scaling walls, army crawling through tunnels, running through tires, leaping over fire, and ending with swimming through a pool of mud.  Just like in life, Blaine was right by my side and we helped each other through all of the hurdles.  It was a lot of fun!  
 

We were joined by 5 other couples on this adventure.  
 We all started out looking like this...
 And we ended up looking like this...
I can't think of a better way to spend our anniversary!  Love you, Babe!  Thanks for an amazing 11 years together.  I look forward to many, many more adventures with you.  
 




1 comment:

Haley L said...

That was such a fun day. Loved hearing everyone around us comment on your race attire. :)