Sunday, March 15, 2009

Nursery Success

Today Ez went to the church nursery for the first time. I was prepared for an adjustment period but he walked in and squealed at all of the toys and started playing hard. I stayed for a few minutes until the leaders told me I could probably just leave. So I did. When he saw me going, he cried but I stayed outside the door and he was done with that as soon as he couldn't see me anymore. When I went to pick him up they said he laughed and played the whole time and was their easiest kid. Wow, that was easy. Now maybe I might be able to get something out of church, at least for the next few months. I was thinking about what a happy and energetic boy he is. He is just one of those kids that has a real zest for life. He smiles and laughs out loud and is a total social butterfly. He says "hi" to anyone whose eye he can catch. He has become an excellent sleeper...12 hours straight and he usually hangs out awake in his crib until we go get him in the morning. Then he has a big hug and snuggle for whoever is around. He is so cuddly and I love it. He really is a charming little boy and I just can't help but love this kid.

2 comments:

alison said...

we'll just make sure i don't sub in his nursery then--because the happiness would be completely over. ha ha!

its great he went in so easily.

Amy said...

Yea! I'm so glad he adjusted well. Nursery is such a blessing! Emma has loved it so far. Too bad she missed Ez's first day (although I'm sure you wouldn't have appreciated her sharing her sick germs with Ez and everyone else!) :)