Friday, June 27, 2008

Birthday Week


Getting older each year isn't fun. But, it is fun to have a whole day (or week, in my case) to have a good excuse to celebrate. And celebrating I have been doing. It started out with a family dinner on Sunday night. Mom, Dad, and Lee (Tiff and kids were in Utah) came over for dinner and cake. On Monday, a few gal pals and I went to get pedicures and out to lunch. Relaxation, good friends, and good food...can't beat that. Then on Tuesday, my actual birthday, I took the kids swimming with some friends. The kids had a blast and I enjoyed soaking in the rays. That night we got a babysitter and I had a hot date. Blaine took me out to dinner and then we went and played miniature golf and hit some balls at the batting cages. It was a throw back to the day when both of us used to actually play sports. Although I'm quite certain that back then, I didn't feel it for days to come like I do now. My right arm has been sore ever since (even 3 days later). I guess that is the evidence that even though I can still hit the ball, I'm not a teenager anymore. I am looking forward to cashing in one of my gifts and ending my week of celebration with a massage tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for celebrating with me.

My very own Tiger Woods of miniature golf. He beat me by 8 strokes (is that the proper golfers terminology?)


7 comments:

Jami said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you had a good one!
Ps. I love my shirt....I have in on right now!

Leslie said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday! You are one hot 32 year old!!!

KrisJ said...

Dang I had no idea it was your b-day what a slacker I am! So Happy Birthday! Glad you had fun!

Moose and Family said...

Yeah for birthdays!! Have a happy happy birthday!!

Jessie's Joy in Her Journey said...

Happy birthday, you two look like a pair of superstars!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

OH, almost forgot. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Eat lots of cake for me.