Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Greatest Blessings Call Me Mom


I can't think of any other job that I'd rather have than that of being a Mom. It is challenging, rewarding, filled with tedious little jobs and monumental moments. What better cause can anyone dedicate themselves to than the daily loving, guiding, nurturing, and teaching of children? This world would be a better place if every child had a mom that cherished motherhood and understood her noble role. This job isn't easy but it is all worth it when Bella throws her arms around me in a warm embrace and Ezra's face lights up when I walk into the room. I am so grateful for the gift of being my children's mom. I hope that my children can feel my love for them and the gratitude I have for what they have taught me and for who I have become because of them.

And a tribute to my grandma, my mom, and my mother-in-law. I love you all and I am grateful for your examples of being women of faith, women of strength, and women of courage.




The holiest words my tongue can frame,
The noblest thoughts my soul can claim,
Unworthy are to praise the name
More precious than all other.
An infant, when her love first came,
A man, I find it still the same,
Reverently I breathe her name,
The blessed name of mother.

George Griffith Fether

Happy Mother's Day to all of you... my friends who are moms, my friends who long to be a mom, and my friends who are strong women who offer your gifts and talents to this world. Love you all!

5 comments:

Moose and Family said...

That was very nice!! Being a mom is the best!! Happy Mother's Day to you too. Have a fun vacation!!

Leslie said...

Happy Mother's Day! You are a great mom!!

Melissa said...

Sweet tribute. Happy Mother's Day to you.

The Toy Guru said...

I sat in front of you yesterday in R.S. and couldn't get over how big and alert little Ezra is getting!!!
He's actually looking more like Blaine every day!! Please tell him for me he gave a fabulous talk yesterday!!!

amy gretchen said...

What a sweet tribute to the mothers in your life. Look how cute you are with your little ones. You haven't changed a bit.