Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hawaii or Utah? What would you do?

So, we were all set to go to Utah next week for a little family vacation. Blaine took time off from work and he has a week off in between semesters from school and we just needed to GO SOMEWHERE...ANYWHERE. Well, we've got lots of family and good friends in Utah, not to mention Cafe Rio and The Pie Pizzeria so it is always a good time for us to go there and visit. Besides, it is a do-able drive so it just made sense. Until we were talking to Blaine's brother, Steve, who is a pilot. They were telling us about their recent Hawaii trip and how great it was. We were ooing and awing about it when they said that if we wanted, we could use some buddy passes to go out there ourselves. Hmmm, we thought. We do already have the week off next week since we were going to Utah. What the heck...let's go to Hawaii instead! So, to all of our family and friends in Utah that we had planned on visiting, we're sorry. But, you don't blame us right? I mean, come on, when paradise calls, you have no choice but to answer. And we feel good about doing our part to stimulate the economy. Hey people, we're just trying to help out!

12 comments:

Kris said...

Hmm...what would I do...you are so lucky! That is fantastic. I hope you have an AWESOME time. Can't wait for pics.

Moose and Family said...

Well....heck.....I'd go to Hawaii too!! Have a blast and enjoy the sun, sea, and shopping!! And just RELAX!!!! Have a great time.

Elizabeth said...

You have to ask??? Hmmm Hawaii All the way baby!!!! That is my favorite place on Earth!!! Have a fab time! It is truly paradise!!

Anonymous said...

We at The Pie Pizzeria will miss you... Have a great trip and come see us the next time your in town.

Sincerely,
Matthew Palmer
Managing Partner
The Pie Pizzeria

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

OK that is so funny! Even the Pie Pizzeria is going to miss you. You guys must have given them TONS of business when you lived in SLC :) Hey, when paradise beckons...answer her sweet sweet call!

Jen said...

I don't blame you.... I would have made the same choice. I hope this doesn't mean that Utah is completely out of the picture this year. We are always ready for a visit. Oh..and have a matsamoto (sp?) for me!

Jami said...

That sounds like so much fun!! Are you going to see Denos' while you are there? :) enjoy, and I too am looking forward to pics. How cool is it that the Pie left you a comment? I loved that...

The Mohrs said...

Are you kidding??? Paradise or Utah??? Although I am little sad because I really wanted to squish those kids of yours. Maybe I will just have to see about visiting Colorado. You guys have FUUUNNNN!! And that really is funny about The Pie commenting. How did they find your post??? I'm confused....That is great though.

KrisJ said...

I am sooo jealous! Ive been trying to get there since I was married.. we keep saying next year! I cant wait to see pics of your trip. I think you definately made the right choice!! And again ty so much for all you help notarizing Im hoping today will be the last of it!

Leslie said...

HAWAII all the way. That is our most favorite vacations ever.

P.S. Love your family pics at the temple.

Heather said...

Have so much fun! There really isn't a choice to make. I can't wait to hear all about it! Have FUN!

Emily Weber said...

That's totally a no-brainer! I'm so jealous! I've never been to Hawaii. I would love to go someday! You better post some great pictures, so I can live vicariously through you! :)