Friday, April 25, 2008

Looks blonde to me...

So tonight, while hanging out with some of the gals, I was challenged to prove that I ever had blonde hair. I've mentioned before that as I've gotten older, I've had this identity crisis realizing that I'm not blonde anymore. But, after seeing the pics of me in Jerusalem from when I was about 19 years old, some of my friends don't believe that I was ever blonde. So, tonight I ventured down to outer darkness (AKA, my basement) to look in the many boxes of old junk that I should really just set on fire. I couldn't believe the things I was finding. Old journals, tapes and cd's, and even a 32 cent stamp. Do you think I can still use it? It looks so different!
Anyway, so this post is for all of you naysayers (and you know who you are!!!) Yep, that's right. I'll humiliate myself by posting these old pictures just to prove once and for all that I did have blonde hair (and some crazy big hair, too!). If you knew me back then and can vouch for my blondness, do me a favor and leave a comment. You ready for this? Bring on the public humiliation...

I was a sophomore in high school here...gotta love the soccer shorts!

Yeah, I had a thing for John Travolta. Junior or Senior in high school.

Love you, Naomi! Don't kill me for posting this picture! Those were some fun times. Junior in high school

Man, that was some serious big hair. You would not believe how long it took me to do that! I used some serious product and spent an hour with the blow dryer scrunching it just right. I had early morning seminary that started at 6:30 and I was up at 4:45 getting started on my HAIR!!!

After a few months at Ricks college, I decided to stop perming my hair. I think that is when it started going darker.

So, I never said it was white blonde...just on the blonde spectrum.

I couldn't find my baby pictures or else I would have shown you how it all began...
Do you believe me now Kris and Tami?

I dare all of you to dig into the old photo albums and post a few...

18 comments:

alison said...

4:45!! Really? That's dedication to hair maintenance for sure.

KrisJ said...

LOLOLOL Oh you are to funny!! So yes I agree that the BOTTOM half LOL is blonde hehehe just kiddin so you were blonde I get it maybe you should perm again and it might go blonde all by itself some more!!! I love the pics you are adorable and such a great sport... me on the other hand I was NOT cute in High school so I will NOT be sharing!

Julie said...

Lady!! You were so bordering the transition between blonde and brunette when I first met you. However I will agree you were a blonde. I got your back sista!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

OK, it was sort of blonde. That is so funny. I CANNOT believe how much time you spent on your hair. To this day I don't think I've ever spent more than 15 min on my hair. I'm blown away. I think my sister used to spend that much time when she had a perm. She had to use her mousse and her difuser and all this other jazz. CaRaZeE! You looked so different!

Jami said...

Oh...it was cute. Can't get enough of those perms!! I don't ever remember spending that much time on my permed hair!! :)

Carli said...

I think we had the exact same hair in high school -- long and permed, only I had bangs. :) I think you look beautiful (and still do) and it is definitely in the blond spectrum!

So fun being at brunch with you this morning!

Erica said...

WOW girl that was great. Maybe now I see why you want your hair to take you little time to do.

tamiz said...

hmmmmm...blonder at the ends. I'm more convinced now than I was after the Jerusalem picture. Who am I to talk, I just barely started claiming "brown" on my hair last June! Very cute pix. I might look for a few of my own but they'll probably win the ugly sweater award.

Elizabeth said...

I had permed hair too..and scrunched it too...but I didn't get up THAT early! ;) You all would totally die LAUGHING if you saw some of my pics..from High school! would be funny though! You are so cute Tirsa!

Leslie said...

My hair started getting dark when I went to BYU - stupid Utah! :) I'm in blonde withdrawl - I'm on a break from streaking mine right now. You were a hot blonde chica!!

Jolayne said...

Blonde or brunette-beautiful either way.

Laine said...

I have some very similar hair pictures!

Lisa said...

Since I knew you in HS I must agree that you did have blonde hair....Us blondes have to stick up for each other. Fun trip down memory lane. Gives me the itch to post some old pics too. I will have to do that soon!

Moose and Family said...

I do remember your hair being more blonde in High School. Mine hair always goes lighter when I have a perm or use the blow dryer a lot. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'll have to see what I can dig up!

The Mohrs said...

OHHHHH MYYYYY!!! I remember the head flip and the hair dryer with the diffuser on it and the drying and scrunching, drying and scrunching, drying and scrunching. The bigger the better. I love when I said to John a while ago after looking at his high school pictures with his mullet and faint mustache and acid wash jeans (he did graduate in 89') "Hon, I don't think I would have dated you in high school." His reply was "Hon, I don't think I would have dated you either in high school!!!" That picture says it all. We had sweet spirits. That's all that matters!!!

Brigit said...

Love the pics. I had that same hair do, same sweater, etc. I can say that I did know you when you were quite blonde. But, then again so was I. I guess the sun and sand will do that!!

SaraColorado said...

LOL...that's what you looked like when I knew you and groing to Cam High!

Melissa said...

Yeah, I remember you telling me in Jerusalem that you were a blonde, and I was like... yeeeeeah. sorry, sweetheart. You swore you had photos that proved it. Now I've finally seen them. By the way, even though your hair was big, it was so much better than mine. I'll have to try and dig up some of those yummy pics.