Saturday, May 26, 2012

Catching up...

For Valentine's Day, we got the kids hermit crabs. This was a compromise on the whole "we want a dog or a cat or a guinea pig or a hamster" conversation that we have all the time. Hermit crabs, I figured, I can do with only having to clean the cage twice a year and all. It was fun surprising the kids with a trip to the mall to pick out their very own hermit crab. Bella chose a penguin painted shell, Ezra chose a batman one, and Cali chose a ladybug. The crabs have provided much entertainment over the past few months but even as I write this, we've already had a death (Cali's ladybug) and a funeral/burial in our backyard. Maybe longevity isn't their thing?
Here's Grandma making a treat with the kiddos when they came out for a visit in February.
And Cali riding her bike in a princess dress...
And eating her lunch wearing sunglasses... This little girl cracks me up (and sometimes makes me want to cry!) with her larger than life, strong-willed personality. Often I question if I will survive raising this particular 2-year-old but then she says or does something so sweet and endearing that gives me hope. Like the other day. I was making a chocolate pie and Cali walked into the kitchen and squealed with delight as she said, "Yay! My favorite color is CHOCOLATE!" I realized in that moment that she and I definitely speak the same language. Recently we also had this conversation: Cali: "Mommy, I want more candy." Me: "No, you've had too much candy and if you eat more you are going to be sick." Cali: "But, I WANT to be sick." Well, how can I argue with that?
Other fun activities have been dying Easter eggs...
Making Easter egg nests...
Easter morning...
The cutie pies all ready for church...
Another Easter egg hunt with the cousins.
The kids making their own bird-feeder at Home Depot...
And celebrating Daddy's birthday with a hike in the mountains.
I LOVE these kids! And I love that their dad wanted nothing more than to hang out with his family on his birthday. Life is sweet!

No comments: