Saturday, November 15, 2008

Family is Life's Greatest Gift




Today is a day to celebrate adoption, as it is National Adoption Day. Truly my life would be less than fulfilling if I never had the chance to parent my two little angels. They have brought me indescribable joy and happiness and I love them more than words can express. My family is my world and I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father gave me the privilege of being Bella's and Ezra's mother and of experiencing the joy of parenting with my best friend, Blaine. And, of course, this privilege came to us through the love and sacrifice of incredible birthfamilies, who we will always love and cherish for their unparalleled gifts.

So today I have all of my friends who have adopted, who hope to adopt, who have been adopted, and who have placed a child for adoption in my thoughts and in my heart. Adoption equals love.

8 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Blaine, Casey and I were just reminiscing about the old Anatomy class days with John and it made us wonder what you're up to these days so it is great that I stumbled on your blog through Jon and Jami's. We have a blog too it's connieandcasey.blogspot.com.

You have a beautiful family and I love this beautiful post about adoption. How wonderful for you guys.

Hope you don't mind if we visit your blog on occasion.

Kris said...

Ditto sister! You just feel blessed beyond belief...

Kristin said...

Amen Tirsa!

KrisJ said...

I 2nd that! How awesome!

Haley L said...

I always love reading your posts, Tirsa. They lift me up and help me to be grateful for the blessings in my own life. :) You have a beautiful family!!

*aNdY* said...

You do have such a beautiful family. Its people like you and Blaine that make is easy to place kids for adoption. You are amazing people who deserve the joy that kids bring. I am thankful for you guys and EVERYTHING that you have done. Love Andy
p.s. Thanks for the card and pictures...

Tara said...

Beautifully worded.
Yay. I heart adoption too!!!

Emily Weber said...

It's so awesome that you guys have been able to adopt both of your beautiful kids! What a blessing! You can tell they were meant to be with you.